Essay topics: People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
Yes, the person who is deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it, as being deeply involved in the ideas they understand every aspect of it, which makes them more susceptible to the intricate details of what ever the matter may be. Knowledge plays an important role in being critical of anything. Any person who have the required knowledge of the field can be critical about but the most of the laymen don’t possess the adequate knowledge to be critical. Due to lack of adequate knowledge, it hinders the site of several important aspects of the thing you are critical about. An Astrophysicist is always more critical about the planets than an observer who do possess some knowledge but is nothing compared to the scintist.
For example, a Formula 1 car driver understands the intricate details of aerodynamic but as compared to laymen who just love to rush his car on empty roads, thus formula 1 driver will always be more critical of the cars aerodynamic performance than a laymen. Similarly, a person who is founder of huge company will understand the market trends better than a person who lives a ostentatious life and buys shares. Individuals who are committed to an idea or policy always tend to know better than anyone, because they are the creator of it, or they might have spent a huge chunk of theirs life time on that idea or policy. Great scientist had always had a habit of spending huge amount of time with their idea or policy which they advocate, this gives them the time to analysize it the policy’s or idea’s advantages or shortcomings which in most of the cases are not obvious to a layman or someone who is just enthusiastic about the thing.
A sports person playing a sport for half of his life will understand better than a commentrator or critique because he has spent the some huge amount of time in that real situation, with the real pressure to perform, this gives him the right to be critical about the game. Commenting on one’s performance by a critique can be accurate but it can’t be as precise as a player himself who had played that sport. Some people who have a lot of ill people around them or have been grown in an environment from which they can get a good knowledge or understanding of which medicine is to taken in what case doesn’t make him better than a doctor. The problem of Anti-biotic resistance is very prominent is the countries such as India where people can illicitly buy drugs from drug store without the doctors prescription, but this not making these people a substitute for a doctor. A doctors knows better and will be more critical about the smallest of the symptom which could make a huge difference between the treatments.
However, some people can be more critical about a few things with being derictly involved in that matter. For instance a tech enthusiast may perceive a new piece of tech in better way than an engineer, or maybe the enthusiast might have a better vision of the productions than a conventional engineer. There are several instances where such things can happen like for a stock broker who might be selling and buying stocks from a long time but a layman can be more critical of the stock tends who might have been following the industry trends from a longer period of time. This is where experience plays a big role, even though a person who might not be directly embroiled in the matter, but have a better know in term of overview of the matter with a huge experience can definitely be more critical than a newbie who could be advocating the idea for a while and finds hiomself directly involved in the matter.
At the end people will be more critical if they are involved in an idea or policy and will have the first and for most right to be, but I will have to concede that there can be instances where the opposite can also be possible. Even though a person who is just interested in a policy or idea can never overturn the critical ability of of a person who is deeply committed to it.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 days 16 hours ago||Dipper||50||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 5 hours ago||sanket007||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||michox||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 6 days ago||wwwww||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 weeks ago||suhas201227||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||sujoy||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Navis||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||kayp312||66||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 days ago||kap||50||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 days ago||greawyky||50||Read full essay|
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (38)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree (66)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint (48)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college (66)
- Claim: An piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you discuss the e (50)
- People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve (73)