A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position

A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Curriculum is something that tells the knowledge of prerequisites of any subjects.I feel that a nation should allow its students to attain the same level of basic knowledge by adapting same national curriculum.By centralizing the curriculum, they would have same kind of difficulty and nearly same similar solution as all their basics were same.This allows somewhat unified learning process until they enter college.

First of all as they will have same rudiments of any subject,in college there won't be discrimination and segregation of students with or without any specific subject understanding.For example,in India there are different curriculum's for different states which also differs from the central syllabus as well.When these students pursue their college in other states, the professors over there have a misconception that the students already know few important preliminaries,which might not be taught by their state curriculum.

Second,by unifying the curriculum the nation is indirectly teaching a value of unity and helping fellow students.As they belong to the same curriculum,they would always assist, advice and guide their classmates or in fact every student of same age irrespective of their school.

Also it would be easier to introduce a new subject in the curriculum.With the familiarity of the existing curriculum ,initiation of a new course without banality would be easier.For example,introduction of trigonometry might be easier to a school whose curriculum already consists of triangles and few basics of trigonometry than to a school where students do not have a clue about trigonometry.

On the other hand,by having a versatility of curriculum's in a nation,the student gets to choose which curriculum would best fit his capability to acquire or grasp those subjects.For example,an O level student might find IGCSC curriculum so might not want to choose it.

By the way of conclusion,based on the arguments stated above I feel there should be unified curriculum until they enter college.Just as centralized the nations politics,why not centralize a curriculum!

Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.