Home >> .

Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position

ShrutiUrkude's picture

Every living creature on the Earth, including the human being, has an equal right live a prosperous life. Each living organism plays a vital role in the contribution towards maintaining a ecological balance on Earth. In such conditions, no one has given humans the right to appropriate the land ares which are the habitats of other creatures.

Wilderness areas are full of immense varieties of flora and fauna. For example, Amazon forest shows a wild diversity of species, right from the insects to a giant animals like Anaconda. This is possible because of suitable area, right climate and most importantly no intervention of humans. Also, all the species illustrate a vital role in the biodiversity and even in food chain. Like, insects are eaten rodents, rodents are eaten by snakes and snakes are eaten by Mongoose and vultures. In this way the balance is maintain by nature on its own.

Nature has everything for a man's need but not for a man's greed. In the past few years, the population of humans are growing so rapidly that the area on which they are living proving insufficient to them and they starting intervening the areas provided for other species to live. People are using the wilderness areas for their own settlements likes building apartments, factories and thus appropriating the land which does not belong to them. This ultimately disturbs the balance of nature which gives rise to disastrous situation like Global warming. As per the analysis by NASA, the temperature of Earth increased by two degree celsius in the past decade and if we still ignore the situation then this will become worsen.

Furthermore, imbalance Earth's biodiversity has a direct effect on the living of human beings as well. Some of the harsh results are ambiguous climatic condition, water scarcity, rise in the temperature, infertile land. All these are the outcomes of the lame decisions taken by human for their comforts.

Strict actions need to be taken to lower these harsh effects and revert the condition of Earth to its stable state. Moreover, People tend to follow the procedures on a mandatory basis if it is documented by law. Relatively, if a law is passed to preserve the remaining wilderness areas in their nature state then people are accepted to follow it and thus help in the betterment of the Earth's current condition. In addition to this, to preserve the wilderness areas, intelligent decision of building the national parks will also help the nation economically.

With all this aspects, I surely support that a law should be passed by nation to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state which not only help the living creatures to live their life without any disturbance but also maintain the ecological balance on earth.