Essay topics: Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
Poverty is one of the most important problems in the world. There are lots of people in the world who can not effort their food and suffer. Often declining the amount of hunger people is a criteria for goodness of a government. The other important factor of a good society is the negligible numbers of its unemployed people. Some people believe that government should do what ever can to help these problems. They think government should devote more fund to solve these problems and it should cut the funding to the arts because of lower importance of it. I oppose these people to some extent. There are some reasons that may bolster this opinion.
First of all, we can not say that since there are unemployed people or hunger people in the nation, art shouldn't be one of the priority for government. There are lots of countries who export lots of artistic things and art is one of their trades. for example, India with a high amount of poor people annually fund lot of money on producing movies and with these movies gain a lot of money.
Furthermore, with investing on traditional arts, a country may develop its tradition and decrease unemployment rate and poverty. For instance, Iranian carpet is the most beautiful carpet in the world. This country with funding on the art of making carpet, which is diminishing nowadays, and teaching this to some women or girls in some rural and poorer areas can make jobs and decrease the misery of people. Also, it will help the tradition of the country and save one of the most important hand crafts in the world.
Totally, I think the governments should devote fund for arts even if there are lots important problems like unemployed juveniles or hungry people. Since, arts even can make ways to help solving these problems or the general characteristic of the society.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 days 23 hours ago||rbradley135||86.5||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||sksh_anwar||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 days ago||tparveen||70||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||Av9ash||83||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 weeks ago||Phoebe||55||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 weeks ago||Phoebe||53||Read full essay|
|10 months 4 weeks ago||sal||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 days ago||Phoebe||54.3333||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager."One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one (30)
- Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take (75)
- Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning f (60)
- Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently (50)
- The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia."Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicylates, f (65)
- Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities. (60)
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a controlled laboratory study of liquid hand soaps, a concentrated solution of extra strength UltraClean hand soap produced a 40 percent greater reduction in harmful bact (62)
- According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic en (76)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than (76.66670000000001)
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes littl (65)