As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni

As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is popularly believed that our reliance on modern technology has a harmful effect on our ability to think for themselves and this viewpoint has some sound evidence which buttress it. However, as far as I am concerned, this negative consequences of usage of modern technology is our way to adapt and embrace new technology which allows us to uplift our ability to think on a new lever.

First of all, modern technology has become ubiquitous and it has saturated almost all aspects of our lives. How technology impacts on our ability to think? This question was asked by a group of psychologist who has carried out a thoughtful research which has demonstrated that technology negatively impact on our ability to memorize and focus our attention on one activity. In fact, we have no need to memorize a lot of data as it used to be owing to the fact that we always may google information which we need, we do not need to remember dates of birthdays of our relatives our electronic devices and internet services will remind us about them. Moreover, we have not got to focus our attention on one activity such as computing of a large number of data due to the fact that we have our electric machines such as computers which will do it for us. In other words, our environment does not require from us to do these activities. However, does it mean that our ability to think for themselves has been eroded?

From my point of view, the researchers' findings may be interpreted in several way and one of them is that we have adapted to new environment. Why should we remember information if we can always find it when we need it? Does the fact that our memory is worse than used to be mean that we has become sillier than our predecessors? The answer is loud "no". The technology makes some basic and primitive actions unnecessary but at the same time creates for us new tasks which are much more complicated than ones which used to faced our ancestors. For instance, one hundred years age a psychologist who conducted study had to spend days and weeks to analyze data which were collected in a research, and even minor mistake might seriously weaken the results of the research. Thus the person must be attentive and a fair share of his work was these meticulous computations. However, today's psychologist may use a simple program which in seconds gives his or their a precise result of the study and the researchers main goal is to formulate the task for the machine. Thus the modern researcher has more freedom to analyze the data and interpret it. May we aver that modern researcher has weaker ability to think for himself due to the fact that laborious computations are done by a machine? The answer is "no" Thus technology does not make us stupider but gives us more time to think about the essence.

In conclusion, despite the scientific fact that our reliance on technology has a negative influence on some mind’s process, this impact is rather adaptation to new conditions which allows us to devote more time on thinking than serious threat to our ability to think for themselves.

we has become sillier
we have become sillier

------------------------

Good job. It is right on the point.

-------------------------