Home >> .

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

ishi's picture

Napoleon Bonaparte once said- "While making any decision always think 100 times before implementing it. Nevertheless, once it is implemented, do not think of changing it." It is a generally observed aspect that people who often do not think substantially before acting have to remorse later. I am therefore in complete accordance with the stance that irrational decisions framed with logic later are consequently remorseful.
To begin with, numerous examples can be quoted from history which prove the given stance. A striking example is of the war of 1857 in Indian history. When the East India Company had established there near to full domain on Indian ground, a for revolt had been planned. However, despite of the involvement of strong warriors like Rani Laxmibai, Tatya Tope, Mangal Pandey, Etc. in the mission, the mission proved to be highly unsuccessful.Undoubtedly, the decision of overthrowing the foreign rule was based completely on emotions and not on logic.
On the contrary, freedom obtained by India on 15th august 1947 is thoroughly a fruit of thorough decision making skills. Various discerning minds like Jawaharlal Nehru, Mahatma Gandhi, etc. put their logical decisions forward in co-operation. They made a plethora of appeals proposing India's independence to the British Government. Although, the British condoned these non-violent actions at first, the patriotic hearts were still undeterred. Various Satyagraha movements were started. Later, slowly and steadily in 1946 the British finally submitted to the never-say die attitude of the Indians. Thus, although it may take ample amount of time, but a plan should be always backed by rationality.
Nonetheless, it is sometimes essential to take a decision without rational basis. For instance if there is an outbreak of a war the people who stay very close to the war area have no option but to abscond from the region for safety reasons. They can later rationally fetch a shelter. In such cases, one can say that the stance may be undermined.
In a nutshell, it can be concluded that if a person does not look before he leaps then he is most likely to have a fall unless he is backed by his stars.