People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The author asserts that the people who make decisions based on their emotions and later justify those decisions with logic are poor decision makers. This could be true for a few cases but it would be wrong to generalize it for all situations. Not all decisions can be taken on the basis of logic alone, some are taken on basis of some hunch which might be derived from previous experiences. Such decisions might also be taken on sudden exposure to a grave situation which warrants an immediate decision. Emotional decisions are often taken to help someone who he dear to the decision maker. If such decisions are taken continuously by a person, with a very low rates of success, they may be called poor decision makers.

Sometimes the need of the hour forces someone to take a decision which could be wrong on a long term basis. Player often take some sudden changes in their strategy which might seem logically inexplicable. If such decisions go right, he is hailed and if that goes wrong, all the blames are put on his shoulder. The player would later resort to explaining his logic behind his decision but that might seem to be unacceptable to the people if the result of that decision was bad. Since the decision had chances of success, the player cannot be termed a poor decision maker.

Emotional decisions are often taken when a person is suddenly exposed to a situation in which he has to take a decision instantly and doesn't get time to deliberate upon the situation and the decision which he makes. Many a times we read about incidents where someone has given up his life to save a life. He might not even know the person whose life he had saved but an emotional decision taken in a split second decided his future and saved a life. In afterthought it might have looked foolish to endanger himself to save the other person's life, or better solutions could have come up in which both could have got saved. But the persons who are suggesting the alternate decisions are doing it in their leisure, taking a lot of time, analyzing the situation completely while the person present at that moment had to take a decision instantly. It would be wrong to describe him as a poor decision maker since given enough time to analyze the situation, he also could have come up with a better decision.

Emotional decisions are often taken looking at the general benefit of the person taking the decision and his dear ones. Sometimes a parent might shoulder the blame of the crime committed by his child so that the life of his child is saved and they can lead a free life. The parent might think that he has seen enough of his life while a jail term can completely destroy the life of his child who is yet to begin his life. Although the decision has no logical basis apparently and is purely emotional, the parent cannot be adjudged as a poor decision maker. The person who is judging him, when put in his shoes, might do the same thing. The parent has his own logic which might be unacceptable to others.

In conclusion, not all people who take emotional decisions and afterwards tend to justify them logically can be termed as poor decision makers. It requires the person judging them to be in their shoes in that moment to understand why that decision was taken. Although if it is observed that time and again a person is taking decisions based on his emotions and those decisions are proving to be a disaster, he might be thought of as a poor decision maker.

Sentence: Emotional decisions are often taken to help someone who he dear to the decision maker.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to he and dear