Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Scandals become an important part in people's life . People can judge their effect by distinguish which variety it belongs to . The author claims that this is the way to focus attention that no speaker or reformer ever could. I would mostly agree with his statement in the case when we speak about fields like politic or sports , but when it comes to scandals on private life , I can’t agree with the claim . Because politics and sports scandals usually bring useful improvement and reformation in these fields but scandal about private life can just bring people in scandal disturbance and trouble .

Political scandals can arouse much attention from public and people can discover some problems in political affairs and takes measures to solve them . For example , "the Abu Ghraib Scandal" came to public attention in 2003 when Amnesty International (AI) published reports of human rights abuses by the U.S. military and its union partners at detention centers and prisoners in Iraq. Further revelation of brutal treatment at Abu Ghraib prison arouse Global reaction including response of U.S. government and United States media . Pressure from worldwide denounce lead the United States to ratify the United Nations Convention Against Torture and the Third and Fourth Geneva Conventions. So the exposition of scandal attracts widespread attention on human rights in wartime and leads belligerent countries and coalitions to overhaul unreasonable regulations . What's more , scandal in political fields cam attract world people to participate in international politics affair to defend world peace and enhance human fairness .

On the other hand , sports scandals also bring many useful changes to regulations of sports game . For example , the use of performance enhancing drugs is an increasingly serious problems in the Olympics. American sprinter Marion Jones admitted using performance enhancing drugs in sports and she was forced to return all her medals and was banned from the sport . In response to this kind of scandal , the IOC (international olympic committee) helps form the independent agency to deal with and punish the athletes who are involved in drug use in international sports competition . And many countries forms an enforcement agency to monitor and test their own athletes .sports scandals will lead to related agencies to make more strict regulations for athletes to ensure the fairness of sports .

However , some scandals just focus on exposing privacy from celebrities will disturb their life and bring them extra trouble . For instance, the princess of Diana Spencer was seriously hurt in traffic accident resulting from avoid the following of British journalists who want to discover royal scandals and She lost best “ rescuing hour” due to the irresponsibility of reports who just focused on taking pictures of accidents regardless of the injury of Diana Spencer . In fact . these kind of royal scandal is meaningless for pubic and it just endangers the life and reputation of those innocent celebrities like Diana Spencer . Reports should take into account other privacy and avoid to violate other rights when they report scandals .

In sum , the effectiveness of scandals to a large extent depends on their varieties . Those scandals from private life have little meaning for improving the whole society , but revelation of scandals in politics and sports can usually enhance improvement and reformation in these fields , and media should allocate their energy and talent on some more important issue to avoid some unnecessary tragedy .

Sentence: In fact . these kind of royal scandal is meaningless for pubic and it just endangers the life and reputation of those innocent celebrities like Diana Spencer .
Error: pubic Suggestion: public

Before examples, there should be some arguments.

'On the other hand' means 'However'. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.

Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.

-------------------------------