Scientific theories, which most people consider as ‘fact’, almost invariably prove to be inaccurate. Thus, one should look upon any information described as ‘factual’ with skepticism since it may well be proven to be false in the future.Write an essay in

Scientific theories, which most people consider as ‘fact’, almost invariably prove to be inaccurate. Thus, one should look upon any information described as ‘factual’ with skepticism since it may well be proven to be false in the future.

Write an essay in which you take a position on the statement above. In developing and supporting your viewpoint, consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true.

(The above is from Kaplan book, but similar to ETS one like this:
Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.

Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.)

The author concludes that because scientific theories are often proved to be inaccurate, then all information purported to be facts should be viewed with skepticism. It is entirely possible that information such as theories may be entirely incorrect, but it would be hasty to put a blanket policy of skepticism without first examining the likelihood of the information being factual. Is all information in the world factual? I would argue no – anyone can say anything on the Internet these days. However, information that is rigorously proven by multiple sources to be true cannot be viewed with sk...

No flaws found.