Some people believe that government officials must carry out the will of the people they serve. Others believe that officials should base their decisions on their own judgment.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your

Some people believe that government officials must carry out the will of the people they serve. Others believe that officials should base their decisions on their own judgment.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

The people are the ones who are most affected by the decisions. As a result it is imperative to consider their inclination while making a decision. However often the populace of the nation is too naive or misguided to understand their own plight. Furthermore they are also easily exploited. Thus i disagree with the claim that government officials must carry out the will of the people they serve.

The first thing to consider is the tenability of will of the people. Many times people are misinformed about the situation and take hasty decision. Take the recent case of protest against vaccination. Few people based on some dubious studies started censuring the vaccines. If based on the will of such people, the government bans the vaccination it would be nonsensical. Also times the people get too emotional or are too weak hearted to take the correct decision. They are also prone to manipulation either by threats or cash. Consider the case of Adolf HItler. He suppressed and decimated the jews. In this case, the denizens where too frightened to take a proper stand against the despot. In such cases where the will of the people can be manipulated, the government officials should take the decisions based on their judgement.

Moreover the government officials are trained to handle demanding situations and arrive at a sensible decision. There are certain protocols, rules and regulation developed so that a proper strategy is developed and a sound judgement can be made. Consider the recent Taliban prisoner swap. In such situations, the decisions should be based on the judgements of the high-ranking officials like the president and not on the volition of the citizens. The public lacks the knowledge of the protocols and thus in difficult situation the general public are prone to making an unsound decision.

On the contrary sometimes the people are most affected by the outcome of the judgement. They thus should have a say in the decision making process. The new law of permitting the marijuana drug is an example. Here the government officials should also heed the publics advises and based on it should make any judgment.

Considering the nuances of the issues , one can conclude that though the will of the public is an important criteria to make decisions , the public on't necessarily have the means to pass a pertinent verdict. Also they are easily manipulated and thus are incompetent. Hence i disagree with the claim.