Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently

Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently committed to particular principles and objectives.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

Some people are of the opinion that leaders have to yield what people in a society believe. However, others oppose it while sharing the idea that an effective leader has to be strong enough to follow particular principles and aim that he has drawn. As far as I am concerned, I believe that a good leader makes a balance between these two thoughts. These opinions are going to be discussed as follows.

To begin with, a leader is selected into a position to make life more convenient for people. As a result, he should be conscientious and considerate and makes his decisions based on people’s needs. Also, He should be knowledgeable and experienced enough to be able to decide rationally on different cases, considering the period people are living in as well as their needs. For example, if it was his aim to build several restaurants in a city, it is better to abandon this idea if people are fond of having several gyms in their city. Therefore, it is be better not to persist a special principle or objective if there are better choices in that time which helps the leader to keep the society environment peaceful.

On the other hand, it is not suitable if a leader cannot decide strongly. There are different classes of people living in a district, ranging from working class to upper class, from educated people to uneducated one. First of all, leading a society and understanding its present and future needs is not a simple job and it needs to have education in this field as well as to be experienced enough. For example, a leader is to build an industrial university in a city, while an army of people are against it. In this case, those people are not aware of the university benefits in the future, what is clear for a leader, and he have to persist in following his principles.

To put it in a nutshell, an effective leader is not only affectionate to consider what people believe, but also strong enough to follow his map persistently whenever needed, even if there is any army of people against his manner. He should be able to come up with novel ideas when facing problems to cope with them. Also, it is necessary to be able to make satisfy the group of people who are dissatisfied through his reasons.

Don't write a GRE essay like a TOEFL essay.

Read essays by top users:
http://www.testbig.com/my-idols