Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society.

The topic here basically deals with two contradictory views of people on the foundation of education in a society. The first view supports the idea of teaching morality while the second view asserts that logical reasoning would produce a moral society. According to me, an individual who is taught logical reasoning rather than one who is taught morality would produce a morally sound society.

The disposition of an individual is greatly influenced by the conditions one undergoes as one grows up thereby learning things taught by people around him, books and also by heuristic experiences. Morals are time endured principles that are formed by human experiences and interactions. Morals also depend on the paradigm of an individual.People who are taught morality will be very ethical individuals who would follow what is taught to them. But they may be unaware of the basis of the morality. For example, it is unethical or immoral to steal from somebody. A person who is taught this moral would follow this under any circumstances. But if an individual is taught why is it unethical or immoral to steal, in short if he is taught the logical reasoning behind it- stealing from someone who is honest and propriety causes great emotional pain and is an insult to his hard work, he would understand the reason for the immorality behind stealing. He would not consider it a sin if for example money or goods are stolen from a gangster or a drug trafficker who himself steals from people.

Likewise, in religions too people who are taught morals or principles or certain protocols follow it blindly without understanding the logic behind theses things. For example people in India consider it a sin to kill cow for its meat. People who are taught that a cow is holy would certainly oppose it. But if a n individual is taught to reason logically, he would see that killing of cow has several economic advantages.

Need 5 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: argument 1
para 3: argument 2
para 4: argument 3
para 5: conclusion

-----------------

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.
------------------