Young people should be encouraged to pursue long term realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Some people assert that youngsters should be galvanised to look for long-term, realistic goals rather than looking for a quick way to attain fame while other might say the exact opposite. In my opinion, I mostly disagree with the statement that youngsters should constantly prepare themselves for the visioned and realistic goals. I believe this for two reasons.

To begin, fame and glory, when comes at quite early age, provides a lot of time to hone skills in the area that got an individual recognition. While other take their time to decide cautiously upon a career path, individuals who had already started swimming in the see of unknown possibilities gain significant advantage over late bloomer – as the early bloomers get to experience more number of ups and downs which teaches them to make prudent decisions in the future. Moreover, fame and recognition gives individuals latitude to figure themselves out. For instance – A singer who got famous in a very young age on internet might after some few year find that he is has greater affinity towards producing music rather then singing and eventually shifts to it. Thus, a figure of speech “figuring our themselves” can be utilised efficiently when individuals get to try various options bestowed towards them. This utilisation of extra time that young fame gets fixes his position and makes it look realistic enough to be pursued forth.

Additionally, realistic goals have a conventional timeline, and everyone who follows such path tries to emulate already recognised persons of those fields. Thus, rather than trying to figure which path is best suited for them in order to achieve success in the conventional field, they just copy whatever other are doing. This kind of environment makes a person myopic and often finds process to achieve such so called stability perfunctory. Furthermore, the “realistic goals” picture is forced so much in our society that competition increases at exorbitant levels. The competition then eventually leads most of them to either settle for less or try to search an alternate path. But as most of the time is already wasted by these individuals while following a conventional path that when they enter an unconventional field, they spend most of the time learning the jargons. This learning in case of early boomers happens at such a young age that they get advantage over people who joined late.

On the other hand, only a few proportion of people who achieve fame at an early age become successful in the long term. But such opinion is quite shallow because these people try to judge a person’s success based on the worth that has collected rather than the experience he has gained and the freedom to chose that he had over others. Therefore the early bloomers would always have an undue advantage in life as they have more time and more amount of practical experience than the people who follow the conventional,realistic – long-term goal route.