Essay topics: The chart below shows the different levels of post-school qualifications in Australia and the proportion of men and women who held them in 1999.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
The chart compares the percentage of males and females who held different levels of academic qualifications in Australia in 1999.
We can see immediately that there were substantial differences in the proportion of men and women at different levels. The biggest gender difference is at the lowest post-school level, where 90% of those who held a skilled vocational diploma were men, compared with only 10% of women. By contrast, more women held undergraduate diplomas (70%) and marginally more women reached degree level (55%).
At the higher levels of education, men with postgraduate diplomas clearly outnumbered their female counterparts ( 70% and 30%, respectively), and also constituted 60% of Master’s graduates.
Thus we can see that more men than women held qualifications at the lower and higher levels of education, while more women reach undergraduate diploma level than men. The gap between sexes is smallest at the level of Bachelor’s degree, however.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||Shidbi||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||sumayya azeem||56||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||Saahaar||78||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||wardiati||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||PRM12||56||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 hour ago||wardiati||84||Read full essay|
|7 months 5 days ago||wardiati||56||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||Frank Chen||78||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||Frank Chen||56||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||Tracyabc||56||Read full essay|
- The chart below shows the different levels of post-school qualifications in Australia and the proportion of men and women who held them in 1999.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (61)
- The charts below show the percentage of water used by different sectors in Sydney, Australia, in 1997 and 2007.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (73)
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of working from home. (56)
- Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give y (89)
- With out capital punishment（the death penalty）our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment in essential to control violence in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion？ (56)
- Children today find it difficult to concentrate or pay attention to classes in schools. What are the reasons? What can be done to solve this problem? (61)
- In many countries, more and more men are staying at home to look after their children when women work full-time. What are the reasons? Is it a positive or negative development? (78)
- In some area of the US, a ‘curfew’ is imposed, in which teenagers are not allowed to be out of doors after a particular time at night unless they are accompanied by an adult. What is your opinion on this? (67)