The chart shows the percentage of women and men in one Asian country who passed when they took their driving test between 1980 and 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant You should s

The chart shows the percentage of women and men in one Asian country who passed when they took their driving test between 1980 and 2010.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The bar chart given illustrates the proportions of male and female drivers who passed their driving tests in an Asian nation from 1980 to 2010.

It can be inferred that during this period, women were more likely to succeed in their driving tests than men, and the highest percentages of drivers who qualified were those who tested in the 2000s.

In 1980, about 48% of women passed their tests, whereas just 28% of men did. Ten years later, the proportions of females rose to around 52%, and male raised their qualification rate by nearly 10% to the point of 37%.

In the first year of the new millennium, more than two-thirds of women and nearly a half of men drivers qualified for their driving license, which was also the highest percentage recorded in both genders. In 2010, while men's rate stayed unchanged, the proportions of women witnessed the first decrease by about 5% to 63%.