The maps below show the centre of a small town called Islip as it is now and plans for its development Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The maps below show the centre of a small town called Islip as it is now, and plans for its development.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

These two maps of Islip town centre indicate two different situations. One shows current, the other displays a planned development. Through the comparison, we can expect which one will be changed and which one will be preserved.

Firstly, one big dual carriageway will be erected on the outline of the town centre. Therefore, current countryside will be disappeared by this construction. More developed and varied combination, however, we can imagine. For example, on both sides of the main road, there are many shops. There will be set a bus station and a car park for increasing new comer from further area.

At the same time, the city plan is considering big residential areas. On the south side, there will be new housing between shops and road. Outside of the road on the south, there are schools and housing. There will be no extreme change, but because of the carriageway, people can reach there more conveniently. This plan is achieving the division of pedestrians and several transportation.