The pie chart below shows the native languages spoken by students at Bakersfield senior college in two separate years Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and make comparisons where relevant

The pie chart below shows the native languages spoken by students at Bakersfield senior college in two separate years.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature, and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie chart illustrates the proportion of native languages spoken at Bakersfield senior college by students in the year 1980 and 1990. In both separate year, it was clearly that the majority of the students spoke English, thus, it took more than half proportion from the both charts.

In 1980, English occupied almost three quarter of the chart, with 70% of students spoke this native language. However, even though English was still the dominant language among the rest, the percentage fell to 4/5 from the previous proportion unfortunately. Urdu was the second language which frequently spoken by students, which had only approximately 10% of the English proportion. Moreover, Urdu experienced a rapid increased percentage to exactly 28% within 10 years.

Then, it was followed by Chinese and other in 1980, which was 9% and 6% respectively. The former language eventually rose slightly to 11%, while the latter remained with the measurement after 10 years.