Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Nowadays, traffic congestion and air pollution are common problem for most cities with high population. Regarding to this issue some people believe that increasing the petrol price would be the best approach. I, in contrary, believe that it is not a correct approach, and in following I will express my own opinion.

To begin, I believe there are some preventive measures and some remedial measures which both must be considered. Firstly, as far as preventive methods are concerned, car industries have to be encouraged to produce more environmental friendly vehicles, electric and hybrid card are the best examples for such a vehicles. Additionally, development of transport infrastructure is another constructive way, highways, subways and BRTs are only some of the projects which could help reduction of traffic and pollution dramatically.

Nonetheless, governments and media can play very effective role towards decreasing the traffic and pollution issues via encouraging people to use increasingly public transportation or even encourage people to use bikes for short distances, as it is done in China. This might seems very simple but it would be very effective approach.

While on the other hand, some people argue that increasing the price of fuel is an effective way to overcome the problem of traffic congestion and pollution. Although, at first sight it might seems a straightforward solution to the problem, but it is not a viable solution and in many cases it is not practical. It is obvious that increasing the price of fuel has a direct influence on prices of commodity and it triggers inflation which is hazardous to the country’s economy.

To sum up, due to the reasons that I have mentioned in previous paragraph I disagree to the statement, and I believe that if those measures that i have pointed out in second and third paragraph are implemented properly we will be able to overcome the traffic and pollution problems.

This might seems very simple but it would be very effective approach.
This might seem very simple but it would be a very effective approach.

it might seems a straightforward solution
it might seem a straightforward solution

The content is not organized according to the topic:

Need to talk first 'To what extent do you agree or disagree?' //the fourth paragraph

then 'What other measures do you think might be effective?' // the second and third paragraph