Individuals can do nothing to change society. Any new developments can only be brought about by governments and large institutions. How far do you agree or disagree?
In the contemporary society, a wide range of changes are observed. Some people believe that these changes are the result of individuals' effort, yet others claim that the developments are able to be brought by governments and large institutions. In my opinion, the role of individuals on changes should not be denied.
At first, diverse countries are ruled by governments. Again, these governments consist of individuals. Hence, if governments entails new developments in society, it means that these changes are done by individuals. Another factor which is considered having indispensable rol...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- It is important for travellers and business people to understand the cultures they come into contact with however briefly What are the main advantages of doing so What do you think is the main disadvantage of not doing so 93
- There has been some controversy about the practice of companies in wealthy countries outsourcing labor to countries where wages are lower What do you feel are the advantages and disadvantages of this practice 96
- The charts below show how selected age groups purchased concert, cinema and theatre tickets online over the first three months of 2006 in three countries and how the Internet was accessed. 75
- To some people studying the past has little value in the modern world.Why do you think it is important to do so?What will be the effect if children are not taught history? 80
- The widespread use of the Internet has brought many problems. What do you think are the main problems associated with the use of the web? What solutions can you suggest? 80
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.5 out of 9
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 19 15
No. of Words: 327 350
No. of Characters: 1714 1500
No. of Different Words: 168 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.252 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.242 4.6
Word Length SD: 3.274 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 123 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 103 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 75 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 67 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.211 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.783 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.526 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.306 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.463 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.089 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5