It is important for travellers and business people to understand the cultures they come into contact with, however briefly. What are the main advantages of doing so? What do you think is the main disadvantage of not doing so?
When people visit countries for various purposes such as tourism, business aims, they confront with different cultures. Not to know the culture of the visited country entails a number of handicaps, whereas awareness of this area brings a great deal of benefits with itself.
To begin with, to my way of thinking, if tourists are aware of the culture, they face with warm attitudes of native people. As a consequence, they make friends easily in that country. Besides that, by acquiring the culture of the country where tourists visit, they make barriers disappear between diverse nations.
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- In many places, large chain stores are taking over the marketplace, making it impossible for small businesses to compete with them. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this situation? 90
- In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. 70
- These days everyone seems to have more possessions(e.g. computers, cars, mobile phones, etc) Our strong desire to own these things is making us less aware of important personal qualities such as kindness and concern for others. Do you agree or disagree? 77
- There has been some controversy about the practice of companies in wealthy countries outsourcing labor to countries where wages are lower What do you feel are the advantages and disadvantages of this practice 96
- Individuals can do nothing to change society. Any new developments can only be brought about by governments and large institutions. How far do you agree or disagree? 93
Sentence: Further, to understand culture assits business people to earn money in big amount for themselves and their company.
Error: assits Suggestion: assists
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 1 2
No. of Sentences: 14 15
No. of Words: 260 350
No. of Characters: 1276 1500
No. of Different Words: 148 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.016 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.908 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.542 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 102 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 81 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 43 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 25 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.571 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.575 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.643 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.329 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.595 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.063 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5