In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend have positive or negative effects on society?

The demographic shifts will have a huge impact on almost every aspect of public life. And this has become a serious concern to many countries. Personally, i believe the detrimental effect of the challenge outweights the positive effect.

Advocates in favour of this phenomenon indicate that older people can provide more valuable experiences and skills to the communities. For example, people find elders are good at teaching and consulting because of their highly skilled communication skills and sound academic knowledge. Thus, it is often the case that most of the primary schools tend to recruit aged employees for a better teaching quality. Apart from that, the aging population leads to the extension of working life, thereby reducing the demand for pensions

On the other hand, however, it is the negative influence of this social phenomenon that worries people the most. Firstly, the demographic shift is believed to have a strong correlation with the rising unemployment figures. With the number of elders grows, which promotes the country to raise the statutory retirement age. Thus, an increasing number of young graduates are less likely to seek unemployment. Secondly, another problem associated with an aging society is that health care costs will escalate, imposing a burden on tax payers. For instance, the government is required to allocate more budgets for age-care center facilities, and qualified workers.

In brief, the considerable extension of life expectancy has been regarded as the major contributing factor to unemployment and ever-increased health care expenses. Nevertheless, elders can make efforts to the society through their skills and experiences.

Sentence: Personally, i believe the detrimental effect of the challenge outweights the positive effect.
Error: outweights Suggestion: No alternate word

There is a 'pattern' in your mind for IELTS essay writing. but this pattern is for 7.0 or maxim 7.5, not for 8.0 or over. You are likely to get 6.5 if you continue to follow this pattern even though you can actually get 7.5 or over.