Many old building protected by law are part of nation’s history. Some people think they should be knocked down and replaced by new one. How important is it to maintain old building? Should history stand in the way of progress?

In recent years, due to the population explosion of urban area, it is necessary to reconstruct and expand the cities. The issue of whether or not to demolish or rebuild some of historical buildings has sparkled a considerable debate. In my opinion, it is important to protect these structures when exploring the city because they are not only valuable cultural heritages and an important income resource for the city, but also useful educational resources.

There are several reasons for maintaining certain old buildings. The primary one is that those historical sites are reminders of a city’s culture and complexity. For example, by seeing historic architectures, tourists and the residents are able to witness the aesthetic and cultural history of an area. Those buildings can help visitors lean about what the city looked like from hundred years ago and help the people who have ever lived there remind their old days and their roots.

What’s more, local economic development can benefit from historic preservation. To be more specific, if a city has many unique historical characters and buildings, it definitely can attract many more tourists and boost the local tourism industries. As a result,it can provide extra incomes to the city.

Moreover, old buildings can be used as educational resources. For instance, the historical sites are good examples or illustrations for historians and students to learn about the human past and how people have inhabited the landscape and used natural resources through time.

In conclusion, although it is significant to protect and preserve old buildings,the modernization should not be stopped as it makes the city more livable. I believe that old buildings can be protected in tandem with progress if the urban planners understand the importance of historic preservation.

The issue of whether or not some of historical buildings should be demolished or rebuild which has sparkled a considerable debate.
The issue (of whether or not some of historical buildings should be demolished or rebuilt) has sparkled a considerable debate. //'the issue' is the subject

it definitely can attract many more tourists and flourish the local tourism industries.
Description: 'flourish' is not used properly. check books how to use 'flourish'.