Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need. Others say that advertisement tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which you agree ?

This is a universally acknowledge fact that an advertisement plays a pivotal role in the buying nature of the consumers. Some people hold the opinion that an advertisement helps them to choose the best products available in the market; whereas, others have conflicting views. Here, in the below essay, I will try to enunciate on these facts with my own perception.

While it cannot be denied that an advertisement is blessing for those customers who do not have enough time to do the basic search on the products. Undoubtedly, the advertisements not only save the precious time, but also help the customers to choose the best items available in the market based on their features and price. For example, in the earlier days only few eminent brands were available in the mobile industries like Nokia, Motorola and Ericsson. In addition, these mobile companies used to sell very limited models, so choosing from these were not difficult. However, nowadays, thousands of the models are being sold in the market; therefore, selecting one of the best is very strenuous job for the consumers, unless one knows about the complete features. Thus, many people hold the opinion that marketing and an advertisement helps them to know about the product features, before buying a product.

On the contrary, others think that an advertisement tempts people to buy those products that are not real need for them. Admittedly, many companies hire professionals who are superstars to endorse their products. After seeing, these prominent personalities in the advertisements, people buy those products, especially youngsters without thinking the real need. For example, one of my friends had bought an electronic shaver of the Philips brand that is being endorsed by David Beckham, as he is a great fan of him; although, earlier one which he was using is also from the famous brand and is in good working condition. This shows the importance of the advertisements in determining the success of a product.

To recapitulate, by looking at the above facts, an advertisement is important, as it provides valuable information about a product. However, it is up to each individual to learn about these products completely before buying, instead of just buying without thinking the real need for them. Then, only the advertisements are favorable for us.

is very strenuous job for the consumers,
is a very strenuous job for the consumers,