Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sport facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.

All governments should be interested in having healthy population because healthy people mean the bright future in all fields of country. As proverb says “Healthy soul lives in healthy body”. We have many opinions of tackling this problem such as setting fitness equipment all around. But this type of solving the issue does not satisfy other people because they consider that increasing sport facilities can have only little effect on improving public health, in this case, government need to use other methods too.

From my own experience, I can say that while I am comparing two nations such the Azerbaijani and the Georgian I can make a decision that Georgian people seem much taller and healthier than Azerbaijani people. In my opinion, the reason is sport facilities located in every park in Georgia, however, specified facilities are rarely found in Azerbaijani parks.

Analysing the other opinion that sport facilities are not enough for making public healthy in a high quality, we can agree that the government should take additional measurements. To my mind, it can be educational action because before doing physical exercises people, especially schoolchildren, should understand and perceive the benefits of sport for their body and health. The second other measurement is using mass media in a positive way of stretching information among all groups of people. Instantly, in the morning most of TV programmes can show short programmes about sport exercises which our body needs in the morning, advice of diet during the whole day as well. Newspaper articles about saving health may be beneficial too.

Summarise, these both views about sport facilities and additional government actions through education and mass media are very important for saving and improving public health of our population. To my mind, if our aim is health, we need to follow all actions in parallel.

it can be educational action
it can be an educational action