Giving lectures in auditoriums to large numbers of students is an old way of teaching With the technology available today there is no justification for it and everything should be done online To what extend do you agree or disagree Give your opinion

Giving lectures in auditoriums to large numbers of students is an old way of teaching. With the technology available today, there is no justification for it, and everything should be done online. To what extend do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion.

Tertiary education has been a centre of focus in every level as it has been a stage to teach and educate our future generation. With the growing of information technology, lecturers and tutors are able to teach and communicate more effectively with their students. In my opinion, I agree that teaching in lecture theatres had been a traditional way of teaching and both students and lecturers can gain more benefits by using the latest technology.

First and foremost, information technology is easily available and convenient to use with the ability to incorporate systems and tools. Besides that, technology has been affordable and almost every students own a technology device such as laptop or ipad. Therefore, accessing university resources and emails are just by a touch of a button for students. Lectures materials and assignments can be uploaded for students' convenience and accessibility. For instance, 80% of students owns a laptop and used it for university purposes such as studying lectures slides and doing assignments.

Secondly, by using technology, we can contribute to the environment by reducing paper waste. As we all know, the use of papers have been increasing in daily basis in universities for admin and assignment purposes. Students being unaware that this harms the environment, use and print papers with no caution. Moreover, there has been increase introduction of e-book for the replacement of hardcopy textbooks which not only benefits the student but also our mother nature. Almost 75% of university textbooks has been reintroduced into e-book for students' purchase. It also bring a great advantage to international students as they do not need to carry bulky books back home during travel for revision.

In conclusion, technology has replaced many of our current ways of working including teaching. Thus, lecturers and students should adapt and use it to their advantage to further explore the benefits it can contribute in the education sectors.

almost every students own a technology device
almost every student owns a technology device

accessing university resources and emails are just by a touch of a button
accessing university resources and emails is just by a touch of a button

80% of students owns a laptop
80% of students own a laptop

The third paragraph is out of topic.