In many countries today people are living in a throw away society where things are used in a short time and then thrown away What are the causes What problems might it cause

In many countries today people are living in a "throw-away" society where things are used in a short time and then thrown away. What are the causes? What problems might it cause?

Nowadays, we have adopted a “throw-away” style of living, in which we casually disregard goods that we bought some time ago. This essay will explore the causes and consequences of this practice.
There are several reasons for “throw-away” habits to popularized. Firstly, with materialism propagating in the society at an ever increasing rate, people tend to try to acquire more goods than that is actually used. Materialism justifies people’s greed, advertisements ignite people’s want and promotes people to buy more, acquire more. Increasing productivity brought by advancements in technology allows people to satisfy their excessive wants by providing a dazzling collection of goods for them to choose from. Of course, with unnecessary goods clustering up at home, people must toss some of them into the garbage bin. Furthermore, the release of new goods, that have been claimed to perform better, or designed according to the newest fashion trend could all drag people down the whirlpool of constantly throwing away the replaced goods. While “throw-away” style of living may seem stupid and wasteful to say the least, there is a rationale for doing so: new products can be significantly better than the trendiest products just few months ago. For example, Moore’s law predicts that the capability of smart electronic devices would double every 18 months. In this view, purchasing new products might not seem too irrational. 
The consequences of “throw-away” practice for individuals might only be spending a lot of money but not gaining utility proportional to the amount spent. However, the collective consequence is where the real trouble comes in: resources essential for production are disappearing at an alarming rate. This includes fresh water, fossil fuel reserves, and a variety of ores, just to name a few. Without raw materials, every industry would be stifled, the production of all goods would halt. Moreover, thrown away goods, especially when they contain plastic, are a great environmental threat. Currently, there is no way to effectively decompose plastic, so all the plastic deposited would last at least decades. The litter — or commodities if people actually respect their value— would amount to an unprecedented level.
To conclude, the nature of humans is the ultimate reason for “throw away” society, but this tendency can only be expressed with people becoming wealthier. It is time for us to seriously consider the grave consequences, and try to revert the damage done.