One of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expediency is increasing Do you think advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages

One of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expediency is increasing.
Do you think advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Among the impacts of quality medical care is an increase in human life expectancy and lifespan. In my submission, the benefits of such a breakthrough are more considerable than its demerits.

Looking on the bright side, one can realize that living longer endows people with a golden opportunity to engage themselves in whatever brings them pleasure. First, most individuals enjoy being in the company of their family. Given that our family members are the ones with whom we have been familiar since the time we were born, we are usually madly in love with them. In this regard, most individuals take great delight in observing their children as well as grandchildren closely while burgeoning in the bosom of the family, and those living longer are more likely to be able to do so; additionally, having a goal in mind is the very ingredient that adds spice to a person’s otherwise monotonous life. Still, there are countless people—sadly—who cannot realize their life-long objectives, simply because they lack time, however single-mindedly they try and however much effort they put into their work, but should they lead a long life and live enough, which is feasible thanks to today’s cutting-edge medical equipment and hospital staff, their endeavor may come to fruition.

Nevertheless, the increasing life expectancy that we are encountering nowadays accounts for today’s aging society, the first pitfall of which is the heavy burden imposed on the government. The more the public gets old, the more the number of the ones in dire need of medical care, as they are likely to face strokes, heart attacks, and other life-threatening emergencies. This requires a great deal of money to be invested by the government in health-care centers so that the elderly enjoy decent medical facilities. Other than governments, the youth may get dissatisfied with this situation and find it unfair. Many young people who have just embarked on working have trouble affording the expenses of their own lives, let alone shouldering those of others. Inasmuch as older people are generally too feeble to work and lack the energy needed for working, most of the time, they are heavily dependent on the income of the young—whose senescence is yet to come—to survive. These, together with several other reasons, are the drawbacks of enhanced medical care.

In conclusion, although recent advances in the health care section and their subsequent longer lifespan are not devoid of detriments not only to the public but also to the government, the pitfalls they have caused are more than made up for by their benefits, making this situation, to a certain extent, desirable. Moreover, most of us experience becoming old someday, so we should not take the advantages of the enhanced life expectancy for granted.

----------------------------------