Some people argue that job satisfaction is more important than job security while others believe that they cannot always expect job satisfaction and a permanent job is more important Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Some people argue that job satisfaction is more important than job security, while others believe that they cannot always expect job satisfaction, and a permanent job is more important. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Regarding criteria in choosing a job, some people tend to devote themselves to a permanent job due to job security, while others highly appreciate job satisfaction. In this essay, I will discuss such the two concepts before present my view.

On account of some merits that a permanent job may offer, setting sights on job security is justifiable. Staying in the same job for life, employees can attain glamorous salaries alongside exclusive benefit packages that regular-changing workers are rarely received. Seniority-related pay rise or pension, for instance, ensure a comfortable life for workers’ families during working years or even when they are retired. To this extent, money and job stability are driving forces allowing them to fulfil their ordinary life and hence, may pale job satisfaction into insignificance. Not having to contemplate how much they satisfied with the current job nor struggling to find a new one, these people otherwise spend time with their family and experiencing social life.

However, I would convince that the sense of fulfilment gained from work is equally worth considering compared to job security. The working environment, which surely affects job satisfaction, can also influence the life fulfilment of those who choose permanent jobs. For example, conflicts and unhealthy competition at the workplace may breed resentment among workers – many of them bring these discontent feelings to their homes. Moreover, the pursuit of job satisfaction spurs people to find a job that best suits them, by which they are motivated to devote and achieve more. To take entrepreneurs for example: how can they set out to start up businesses while solely harbouring the faith in job security?

In conclusion, it appears to me that people can not judge whether the security or satisfaction in a career is more significant since it is the matter of individuals’ goal in life.