Essay topics: Some people believe that newspaper is the best way to learn about news, while others believe that more effective way is through other media. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Online news has become a growing trend, yet arguments about its utility and accuracy seems to not be ceased. While many believe this is a crucial change, others remained their love and interest for the old-fashioned newspaper. Personally, I think both media are necessary.
Acquiring information vividly and time-efficient is the main reason of e-news. While the information would have to take days to be considered and printed in newspaper, online news allows us to see the whole view within hours. This method is more preferable since curiosity wants people to catch up with the news as fast as possible. Moreover, information through the Internet comes from many sources of media, which means individuals can provide their own vision of news. This action generates the advantageous side of e-news by helping viewers see the same story at different facets. Additionally, online news is enhanced by their footage and videos of the scene, making a profound impression towards their viewers. For instance, the assault and attack on black men located in New Jersey is recorded in footage so viewers would see how the incident actually happens.
On the other hand, newspaper stands by its precision. Information provided by this traditional method is carefully supervised and released. The process of printing newspaper go through a strict department to filter whether the news is transparent and worthy to be publicized. Meanwhile, many individuals on Internet news alter their content and title to manipulate viewers, hoping they would believe and follow-up with the false news. This action leads to inaccurate information spreads on social network and affect society negatively. Needless to say, accuracy and integrity is the most significant when it comes to news report.
Regarding the favorable impact of both traditional and modern methods of publicizing information, I believe that we should combine these media to read about news report.
- Some people believe that newspaper is the best way to learn about news, while others believe that more effective way is through other media. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (89)
- Many countries invest money to prepare competitors to join top competitions like Olympic Game and the World Cup. It is necessary to offer money to encourage children to exercise. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (84)
- Some people think that one of the best ways to solve environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuels for cars and other vehicles. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (67)
- In most countries, prison is the most common solution for the problem of crime. However, the more effective solution is to provide people with better education so that they do not become criminals. (84)
- As countries develop, more and more people buy and use their own cars. Do the advantages of this trend for individuals outweigh the disadvantages for the environment? (73)
- Some people believe that people who read books can develop more imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. (50)
- The restoration of old buildings in major cities in the world costs numerous governments' expenditures. This money should be used in new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)
- Figures show that in some countries, there is an ever-increasing proportion of population aged 15 or younger. What do you think the effect of current and future in those countries?
- People are now surrounded by advertising. This both affects what people think is important and has a negative impact on people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)
- Lectures were used in the past with many students. With modern technology available for education, there is no justification for this way of teaching. (80)