Essay topics: With the development of social media, more and more youngsters are being allowed unsupervised to access to the internet in order to meet and chat with their friends which can lead to potentially dangerous situations. What solutions can you suggest to deal with the problem?
With the proliferation of technology and social media sites, an increasing number of youngsters is being permitted unsupervised access to the internet for interacting with their friends. This trend can have adverse consequences on the youth of the society. I believe parental control and application developers’ censor role are key measures to cope up with this issue.
The best way to solve the problem of dire consequences of children’s free access to the internet is the parental control. Firstly, parents should fix the hours being spend on the social media by every member of the family. This restriction of usage will not only increase family interaction but will also prevent children from killing time on mobile screens rather than doing something productive. Secondly, parents should motivate kids to indulge in sports activities with their friends. This in turn means that they can meet their friends in the grounds and play together; thereby keeping themselves physically fit by being in touch with their friends. In these ways, the nurturer can make sure that their kids are not being exploited by the technology.
The other solution to this grave issue is in the hands of the software developers. They should understand their social responsibility and implement diligent censor controls on the content that is being exposed to the internet users, so that children do not get access to any inappropriate content. Steps have already being taken in this regard and more public awareness is needed. For instance, Facebook, the most popular social media platform, has recently launched a Messenger App offering video and text chats for kids below an age of 10. Parents can supervise their offspring’s activities on the messenger simply through their own Facebook accounts. This way parents can allow their children an un-intervened access to chat with their friends, and at the same time can monitor the content and contacts of their kids’ App.
To recapitulate, youth is the future of our country and to prevent them from falling prey to the wide world of internet, parents should exercise control on the media access by their kids. Application developers should also add more censor controls to limit the access of obscene contents to the children.
- With the rise of e-books comes the decline in paper books. Some people see this as a good step while other do not. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? (78)
- Some people think that it would be better for large companies and industry to move to regional areas outside large urban centers. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school and going to university. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? (78)
- Success is often measured by wealth and material belongings. Do you think wealth is the best measure of success? What makes a successful person? (84)
- Most people agree that money cannot be happiness. Why is happiness difficult to define? How can people achieve happiness? (78)
- News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead? (73)
- More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem? (73)
- Overpopulation in many major urban centers around the world is a major problem. What are the causes of this? How can this problem be solved? (73)
- With the development of social media, more and more youngsters are being allowed unsupervised to access to the internet in order to meet and chat with their friends which can lead to potentially dangerous situations. What solutions can you suggest to deal (73)
- In many developing countries, there is a problem with declining quality of air and water from both industry and construction. What measures could be taken to prevent them? (78)