Some people say that music is a good way of bringing people of different cultures and ages together To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion

It is common opinion, that music is something that can unite people and overcome obstacles, connecting countries and generations separated from each other by oceans or years.
In this essay I will highlight the major implications music has in our life and its importance in easing sometimes tensions among people.

Music is as old as humanity itself. Archeologists have found primitive flutes made of bone and ivory dating back as far as 43000 years. The oldest musical composition is a first century A.D Greek tune which was found engraved on a marble column used to mark a woman´s gravesite. Those findings have brought new slant to the to the way we look at music, proving that since the dawn of the mankind, music has been playing a major role in our life.
It is a powerful force that tell us stories from lost civilizations and make people immortal. It has also the potential to be understood and appreciated by every human being on Earth. Furthermore it ca go beyond racial and idelogical barriers. It knows no barriers and no one can stop it.

Music has also a practical use sometimes slips under the radar. For those who aim to master a new language, music is an extremely effective tool to become familiar with pronunciation and braoden the vocabulary. In addition to that, searching for bands and songs gives also the opportunity to deep the knowledge about culture and history of a country. Music is also able to bring older and younger generations together. In a society where age segregation has become a norm, where too many seniors spend the last years of their life alone in retirement facilities, music can offer a bit relief and company. It has also proven that music can have a positive effect on our mood and it is not uncommon to link beloev people to a specific tune.

To sum up, I strongly believe that music has a tremendous positive impact on our life. It narrows the distances between countries and allows people to better understand each other. The fact that music has the potential to go beyond oceans, mountains, ideologies and the time itself, is nothing short of miracle