Essay topics: Some people think that the government should be responsible for crime prevention while others believe that it is the responsibility of the individuals to protect themselves. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
One of the primary responsibilities of the government is to maintain law & order, control crime and protect the citizens. But
some people believe that more than the government, people should take the ownership and measures for their protection.
People who emphasis that individuals should be made accountable for their security have some points. First and foremost, government is involved in so many programs and may not focus on every facts required to protect the each citizen. Consequently, there might be loopholes in controlling the crime. For example, police stations keeps the records of the registered criminals and set a watch on them, but there are numerous petty criminals in local area which go unnoticed. Another point is that in most of the countries, government resources are limited and in case of crisis, help may not be arrived on time and people may suffer badly because of delayed help.
However, numerous people look up to government for providing protection and control crimes. It is considered that government resources are well trained in handling crime situation effectively in different circumstances. Police in most of the country are equipped with tools required to control and prevent the crime. For instance, in case of unrest, police use light weapons to arrest the criminals and save the victim. Also, government has local intelligence service by which they get to know in advance about the perpetration of crimes. Therefore, a lot more planning can be done to prevent the crime.
In conclusion, people should be alert and take steps for their protection. However, it is the primary responsibility of government to protect the people and stop the crimes.
- The use of mobile phone is as antisocial as smoking. Smoking is banned in certain places so mobile phone should be banned like smoking. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (89)
- One of your friends has asked you to be a partner in his new business.Write a letter to reply to your friend's offer. In your letter• give your opinion of your friend's business idea• tell him whether or not you have decided to accept his offer• And (78)
- Nowadays managers and team leaders in different organizations are much younger compared to the past. What are the reasons for it? Is it a positive or negative development? (67)
- You want to sell your television. You think a friend of yours might like to buy it from you. Write a letter to your friend.In your letter:Explain why you are selling the television.Describe the television.Suggest a date when your friend can come and see (73)
- You have bought an item of clothing at an online store. However, when the item arrived it was the wrong size and colour. Write a letter to the customer service manager of the company. In your letter•describe the problem•say how you feel about this• (89)
- Many people prefer to spend money and not save it. What are the reasons? Is this positive or negative development? (73)
- Some people believe famous people’s support towards international aid organizations draws attention to problems. Others think celebrities make the problems less important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Many things that used to be done in the home by hands are now being done by machines. Does this development bring more advantages or disadvantages? (89)
- Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? (89)
- Some companies and organizations require their employees to wear uniform for tardy advantages and disadvantages of wearing uniform (78)