Essay topics: Some people think that the government should be responsible for crime prevention while others believe that it is the responsibility of the individuals to protect themselves. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
One of the primary responsibilities of the government is to maintain law & order, control crime and protect the citizens. But
some people believe that more than the government, people should take the ownership and measures for their protection.
People who emphasis that individuals should be made accountable for their security have some points. First and foremost, government is involved in so many programs and may not focus on every facts required to protect the each citizen. Consequently, there might be loopholes in controlling the crime. For example, police stations keeps the records of the registered criminals and set a watch on them, but there are numerous petty criminals in local area which go unnoticed. Another point is that in most of the countries, government resources are limited and in case of crisis, help may not be arrived on time and people may suffer badly because of delayed help.
However, numerous people look up to government for providing protection and control crimes. It is considered that government resources are well trained in handling crime situation effectively in different circumstances. Police in most of the country are equipped with tools required to control and prevent the crime. For instance, in case of unrest, police use light weapons to arrest the criminals and save the victim. Also, government has local intelligence service by which they get to know in advance about the perpetration of crimes. Therefore, a lot more planning can be done to prevent the crime.
In conclusion, people should be alert and take steps for their protection. However, it is the primary responsibility of government to protect the people and stop the crimes.
- Now a day’s people care about their appearance more than before. Do you agree or disagree (78)
- Some people think it is easier for adults to learn practical skills (such as computer skills) by themselves while others believe it is better to learn with a teacher in classroom. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion. (84)
- Nowadays in many countries people are following the latest fashion, hairstyle and so on. Why are they so influenced by fashion? Is it a positive or negative development? (73)
- All scientific discoveries should be shared among other scientists all over the world. Do you agree or disagree? (84)
- People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your opinion. (73)
- People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your opinion. (61)
- Many young people today have their own mobile phone and believe it is essential to their lives. Other people dislike mobile phones and think that they are both a nuisance and an unnecessary luxury item. To what extent do you agree or disagree with these t (78)
- Counties such as China, India and Japan have unsustainable population growths. In fact, many experts are of the opinion that the population ‘explosion’ which is now a very worrying concern, is the most serious threat to life on this planet. Give some (84)
- Corporal punishment has been practiced in family for a long time. Nowadays many people strongly oppose it. Discuss both sides and give your opinion. (84)
- Today prison is the most common solution for crime. But some people think that it would be a more effective way to provide them with better education to prevent them from becoming criminals. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (67)