Essay topics: Some people think that the government should be responsible for crime prevention while others believe that it is the responsibility of the individuals to protect themselves. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
One of the primary responsibilities of the government is to maintain law & order, control crime and protect the citizens. But
some people believe that more than the government, people should take the ownership and measures for their protection.
People who emphasis that individuals should be made accountable for their security have some points. First and foremost, government is involved in so many programs and may not focus on every facts required to protect the each citizen. Consequently, there might be loopholes in controlling the crime. For example, police stations keeps the records of the registered criminals and set a watch on them, but there are numerous petty criminals in local area which go unnoticed. Another point is that in most of the countries, government resources are limited and in case of crisis, help may not be arrived on time and people may suffer badly because of delayed help.
However, numerous people look up to government for providing protection and control crimes. It is considered that government resources are well trained in handling crime situation effectively in different circumstances. Police in most of the country are equipped with tools required to control and prevent the crime. For instance, in case of unrest, police use light weapons to arrest the criminals and save the victim. Also, government has local intelligence service by which they get to know in advance about the perpetration of crimes. Therefore, a lot more planning can be done to prevent the crime.
In conclusion, people should be alert and take steps for their protection. However, it is the primary responsibility of government to protect the people and stop the crimes.
- You had recently bought a new laptop. It is giving you troubles. It is not working properly. You have called at the customer care centre but youare not satisfied with the solution offered by customer care executive. Write a letter to the store manager.In (89)
- Leisure activities for children should be based on what can enhance their children academic skills. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience. (78)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. (84)
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You should write at least 150 words.Your find that your study load is too heavy. Write a letter to your college teacher explaining why you need to withdraw from two courses. Ask if it is possible to obtain a (78)
- Smoking in public places should be banned, Do you agree or disagree with this statement. (73)
- You had recently joined a morning course but now you can’t continue as you have got a job. Write a letter to the course instructor explaining why you can’t continue the course, how it can be difficult for you to manage your job and the course etc.You (84)
- You had recently joined a morning course but now you can’t continue as you have got a job. Write a letter to the course instructor explaining why you can’t continue the course, how it can be difficult for you to manage your job and the course etc.You (56)
- : Today it has become easier to prepare the food. How far has this changed our lives? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience (79.5)
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You should write at least 150 words.You are due to move into a rented apartment next month but you will not be able to because you have some problems.Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter explain you (78)
- Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness. You should use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with example and relevant evidence. (84)