In recent times, there has been a surge in traffic in cities. Some people think that one practical solution to this is to stop suburban and rural people from moving to cities. I completely agree with the statement and will outline the reasons in this essay.
Firstly, as most facilities such as Hospitals and Schools are concentrated in urban areas, many people from outskirts of cities travel to these places for better life. As a result, the population density of these places increased detrimentally due to which there has been an upsurge in traffic during peak hours in cities. In developing countries such as India, governments are not able to provide many public transport facilities because of which most public transports are congested and cramped causing inconvenience for the public. If the population is scattered equally across the state, these issues could be addressed easily. Thus, discouraging people from countryside migrating to cities is an effective measure for avoiding transportation issues.
Similarly, since the public transports are always crowded, many people prefer their own vehicles for transportation. This has led to heavy traffic congestion in these areas. In a recent research, it was found that people in urban areas spend 30 percent of their productive hours in traffic-jams during peak hours. This has affected both their professional as well as personal life. In addition to this, increase in traffic also has an adverse effect on the environment too. Increasing usage of motorized vehicle has resulted in rise in carbon footprints in these areas.
In conclusion, considering the above statements, I, certainly, feel that ceasing the migration of people from rural and suburban areas is an effective measure to resolve the current traffic and transportation issues.
- Some people think the best way of reducing crime is to give longer prison sentences Others however think there are other better ways to reduce crime Discuss both views and give your own opinion 84
- There seems to be an increasing trend towards assessing students through exams rather than continual assessment What are the advantages and disadvantages of exams as a form of assessments 84
- You recently received a letter from a friend asking for advice about whether to go to college or to try to get a job You think she he should get a job Write a letter to this friend In your letter1 say why he she would not enjoy going to college2 expla 73
- The most effective way to solve traffic and transport problems in the cities is to discourage people from the suburbs or the countryside from moving to the cities To what extent do you agree or disagree 67
- Write a letter to local authorities by requesting additional sports facilities for your age in your area Mention about the current sports facilities available What kind of additional sports facilities should be introduced How the new sports facilities wou 84
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 6.5 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 4 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 4 2
No. of Sentences: 15 15
No. of Words: 285 350
No. of Characters: 1485 1500
No. of Different Words: 155 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.109 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.211 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.84 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 115 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 80 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 55 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 44 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.976 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.6 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.334 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.529 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.041 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5