Essay topics: Some people think that success is the best measure for intelligence, while others thinks that intelligence can be measured in other ways. What is your opinion?
It is often believed by some that the key measure of intelligence is the success. However, there are people who are of the opinion that there are other ways of measuring it. In my opinion, I believe that success is not a true indicator of brilliance, and ability to adapt and to learn from mistakes actually makes an individual smart.
First and foremost, not all the successful persons are brilliant. Success is often driven by hard work and the right opportunity. There are instances when a diligent person is unable to showcase his talent or skills due to dearth of opportunities, whereas a less intelligent person may succeed by grabbing an opportunity merely by his luck or following immoral means like bribing and cheating. Moreover, a change in the perspective of youth, emphasizing more on happiness and family time rather than working hard to achieve high position in a company, does not make them less intelligent. So, success is definitely not the best criteria to measure a person’s level of intelligence.
There are other factors such as an ability to cope with a challenge and adapting yourself to the situation that really helps an individual to succeed. It is often seen that resilient persons, whether they are intelligent or not, are more successful than others. They fail a number of times and bounce back with double efforts and eventually, they succeed. Learning from past mistakes also contributes towards this success because a person can only succeed in multiple attempts if he resorts to improving his abilities by working on his mistakes and shortfalls. For instance, a recent survey of 40 successful entrepreneurs in the U.K. revealed that resilience was a key to their success as they had failed many times before achieving the success.
In conclusion, success is an indicator of hard-work and resilience, and not the intelligence. In fact, being intelligent does not make a person successful. There are other factors like hard-work and dedication that contributes towards the way of success.
- With the rise of e-books comes the decline in paper books. Some people see this as a good step while other do not. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? (78)
- Some people think that it would be better for large companies and industry to move to regional areas outside large urban centers. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school and going to university. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? (78)
- Success is often measured by wealth and material belongings. Do you think wealth is the best measure of success? What makes a successful person? (84)
- Most people agree that money cannot be happiness. Why is happiness difficult to define? How can people achieve happiness? (78)
- News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead? (73)
- More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem? (73)
- Overpopulation in many major urban centers around the world is a major problem. What are the causes of this? How can this problem be solved? (73)
- With the development of social media, more and more youngsters are being allowed unsupervised to access to the internet in order to meet and chat with their friends which can lead to potentially dangerous situations. What solutions can you suggest to deal (73)
- In many developing countries, there is a problem with declining quality of air and water from both industry and construction. What measures could be taken to prevent them? (78)