Do grades encourage students to learn

Do grades encourage students to learn?

Scores play a significant role during students’ education lives. We could even say without a good score, students cannot have good future. For some schools, they almost have an exam every month to reflect whether students are work hard or not. Some of teachers believe showing score to students could help them to study harder, while others state opposite opinion with them. For me, I think grades could encourage students to learn. Here is my reasons.

For one thing, grades could make contrast among students. In a certain extent, contrast could help students to study hard in order to have better grades than their classmates. As we all know, teenagers at the age of seeking to prevail over others, they do not want to other see that they are not as smart as their classmates. The best way to prove themselves is having better grades than others. Take me as an example, I am not a student who have a good grade, because of this, I always live under others stories—my parents told me legends about their friends’ children for hundreds of times. To prove I can also deal well with my score, I have to study hard and stay up late for every night. Since such is the case, my grades become better and better.

For another, score could not only reflect students learning state, but also show which subject are partial. For some subjects which students are not good at, its score cannot as good as students favorite subject, so the grades could show which subject students cannot deal well with them, students can focus on these subjects to get better grades in the future. For me, after exams, I would analyze the reason for the deduction of score, I would pay attention to these faults and avoid making mistake in the next exam.

I have to admit that, for some students who have excellent scores, scores may make them conceited, they cannot study hard as before; for some students who have terrible scores, scores just like knives for them, them may be weary of studying. Rule out these situations, scores could encourage students to study harder.

Score cause the contrast among students which help them study better, also it reflects students learning state and giving students a direction to study. Since such is the case, I think grades could encourage students to learn.