Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more likely for people with more skills to succeed.

No one would doubt that people want to succeed. Nevertheless, when it comes to it is necessary to have many skills to success, people may hold different opinions. As far as I am concerned, according to following reasons and some of my personal experiences, I totally agree that it is more possible for people who have variety skills to succeed.

First of all, successful people survive in the competitive working environment, and people possess many skills are less likely to be replaced. Take Fred, my brother, for example, Fred majored in Chemistry Engineering in Michigan University, so he is familiar with the field, especially the how to develop new technology to protect our environment, Moreover, Fred minored in Finance, so he is adept in how to invest. As a result, when his company encountered financial crisis, and had to fire some redundant manpower, his boss never considered to fire Fred; instead, his boss deems Fred as someone indispensable. Accordingly, to keep jobs successfully, people need to equip themselves with many skills.

Secondly, success means that people can be promoted, and skillful people can be leaders. Take my mother for example, as a salesperson in an international corporation, saying my mother can handle most domestic business. However, my mother was not satisfied with steady situation, so she learned not only English but also Japanese. Consequently, her company prompted her as a chief in the Asia headquarter. Unlike my mother, my father who works in the same department, is content about current situation, so he does not keep absorbing new knowledge. Therefore, my father has never gotten chance to be promoted. Hence, people with many skills are more likely to be leaders.

Last but not least, good relationship is an element of success, and people with many skills always have variety topics to share with others. Take myself for example, I took my mother as role model, so I kept learning. Interestingly, I can always find topics to chat with my friends, clients, even supervisors. Thus, everyone likes to talk with me, then I can make lots of friends in the various walks of life. In fact, whenever I need help, I can find capable people to help me. Therefore, to get alone with others well, people need different kinds of skills.

Admittedly, people who specialize in one skill may have chance to be good scholars, and success in particular areas. However, generally, people regard success as competent, being leaders or having smooth relationship, so based on aforementioned analyses, I strongly believe that it is more likely for people with more skills to succeed.

and people possess many skills are less likely to be replaced
and people who possess many skills are less likely to be replaced

especially the how to develop new technology
especially how to develop new technology