Do you prefer to take a low paid but secure job or a job with a high salary but easy to lose

Do you prefer to take a low-paid but secure job or a job with a high salary but easy to lose?

People often possess different viewpoints on which kind of job we prefer to take, a low-paid but secure or high-salary but unstable? Some contend that since they want to have more time to take care of their family and to do anything that would relax and make them happy, while others regards high-salary but unstable job as their preference because they hate boredom and pursue the sense of achievement and richness. Based on my personal experience and observation of life. I strongly argue that I feel like having a job with high compensation but easy to lose.

First of all, I desire the wealth and taking a high salary job can offer me plenty of money. For example, high paid job like CEO can at least earn 1.2 billion dollar per year. Even though it is easy to be fired if I just make a subtle mistake and results enormous loss of company, you have already earned enough money that can provide you with high quality of your life. On the other hand, secure job with low paid give you about 0.4 million every year. How many years you need to earn to be equivalent with CEO’s annual salary? Apparently, a job with high compensation and risks is more attractive for me than a secure job.

Second, I want to be competitive, so taking a job with high compensation and risk to lose can make me more competitive. For instance, as a CEO in the company, I can learn management, negotiation skills, and finance knowledge and built lots of connections with excellent people. Although I would be easily kicked out of the company, I would be well-equipped with professional knowledge and precious experience. Accordingly, by doing so, I could be more competitive and efficiently find next job. On the other hand, a secure job provide me with limited resources to urge myself to be competitive. Therefore, I prefer to take risky job with high income.

Last but not least, sense of achievement is crucial for me, and to have high paid and risky job give rise to the sense of achievement. Take chemical engineer as an example, engineers sometimes face difficult problems in the process of chemical reaction. If we don’t tackle these problems appropriately, that would be a disaster like losing job or even explosion. However, when we solve the problems that on one can handle, we would be proud of that. On the contrary, the secure job with low salary supply us with simple missions, so there is no sense of achievement in such kind of job. Thus, I will choose risky job in my future career.

To conclude, although a secure but low-paid job can bring about stability and kind of happiness, I really want to have a risky job with high salary. That is to say, due to money, competition, and sense of achievement I would decide to pursue a job with a high salary and risks.

that on one can handle,
that no one can handle,

and to have high paid and risky job give rise to the sense of achievement.
and to have a high paid and risky job gives the rise to the sense of achievement.