Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
After high school, students should have at least one year to work or travel.
It's better than attending university straight away.
By and large, in the modern society which we live in, the paths that students step in can severely affect their future lives and of importance is for students to spend their time more efficiently after graduating from college. There are a plethora of people who are in the conviction that students should be allowed to have at least one year after college to work or travel, while others take a radically different point of view and assert that students should attend to the university immediately after their college graduation. To the extent that my personal perspective is concerned, I accord with the first group. among countless reasons which give adherence to my opinion, I will delve into the most conspicuous ones in the subsequent paragraphs.
Firstly, should students have one year free from all the arduous class assignments, they can refresh and attend the university they desire with more enthusiastic attitude. students like many other hard working people, need relaxation. my sister for example entered university immediately after college and she was completely frustrated with all the assignments and requirements. she always complained about how she never had an opportunity to relax and how each step forward exhausts her more.
Secondly, spending one year after college working and gaining experience can broad their insight about their future vacation and field of study. For instance, I myself worked in a construction company before entering the university which not only did this period help me to develop a better understanding about my desired field of study, but it also provided me with a more vivid picture of the future of it. working with cement made me realize how costly this process is so I decided to devote my time on finding cheaper materials that could supersede cement and have the same workability in the same time. after 2 years of studying and hard work, I came across with rice husk ash which could be replaced be cement up to 10 percent without reducing its strength. Had I not worked that one year in the field, I probably wouldn't have been able to come up with this noble idea. that one year also made me realize how much being an engineer can be exciting. before that, I was hesitated about my field of study and took it for granted, since it seemed merely laboring for me at that time. The keen competition to apply for the desired part time vocation among students, had also made the matter of job experience more important. Nowadays companies place a premium on those who have a more prosperous job related background and spending one year to work can come handy in student's part time job request.
In short, all the aforementioned reasons and explanations leads to the conclusion that its of importance for students to take one year off from studying and devote this time to other activities for it can provide them a deep insight of their future field of study and also they can refresh their minds and bodies and attend to the university with more enthusiastic attitude.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement.Students are more interested in politics now than they were in the past. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?After high school, students should have at least one year to work or travel.It's better than attending university straight away. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Government should focus its budgets more on environmental protection than on economy.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (88)
- Some teenagers take part in different kinds of activities such as musical classes, sports classes and so on, but others only focus on one activity which is important to them. Which idea do you support? (78)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Young people today are less dependent on their parents than young people in the past. (76)
- The personal and work-related challenges that young people face today are not very different from the challenges their parents and grandparents faced in the past (73)
- People can solve important problems by themselves or by their families; thus, it is almost not necessary to refer to the government. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is much easier for people to achieve success without their family members’ help now than in the past? (86)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is much easier for people to achieve success without their family members’ help now than in the past? (80)