Home >> .

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

lucaskotw's picture

When it comes to an issue about that in the rapidly changing world whether people are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past, divergence usually lies in public concerns. Although the changing world may provide people with great variety of entertainments and has its advantages, I personally agree the statement that people now are less happy or satisfied than before.

With rapidly evolving world, much more entertainments and information are introduced. While new technologies and novel knowledge around the societies are presented, people now have more options to choose what they can do for not only living but their devotion. However, do more options indicates that people are be more available to choose the right things to do? Is their happiness proportion to the increasing entertainments and information choices? The answers to these questions seems uncertainly positive and needed to be further discussed.

Time is limited. we people have finite time to figure out which option best fits our will among the increasing information and options. More options to choose means more time has to be devoted to match the options to our cases for living or entertaining. Perhaps people will get frustrated while they are evaluate the tradeoff between the choices. Much worse, the time just fleets away. By the time we realize that, we will have little time to do what we think it is necessary.

On the other hand, with limited brain capacity and the abilities to draw an idea, we people may not be able to filter out to get major solution among those overwhelming changing information. We may lose track and misunderstand the current situation then give out bad decisions.

In short, perhaps rapidly changing world might provides more options for people to choose and has its merit. With limited time and restrained abilities, I personally contend that people now are more unhappy and unsatisfied than people were in the past.