Do you agree or disagree it s better to take the most difficult or challenging classes in the university or college even if you will not get the good grades in them

Do you agree or disagree: it's better to take the most difficult or challenging classes in the university or college even if you will not get the good grades in them?

It cannot be denied that a good grade is needed under various circumstances – employment, application to graduate schools, or showing-off between friends. As a result, some might recommend students to take courses that are less challenging for better grades on transcript. However, as far as the effectiveness of education, the cost associated with making mistakes, and social relationship are concerned, I hold the view that students ought to face the most difficult manageable challenges in school.

First of all, the purpose of education is to prepare young talents for the development society – more specifically, students bridge themselves between years of training in the fundamentals with practical problems in the world. Practical problems exist due to their difficulty as most easy ones are usually already resolved in the long process of the development of our civilization. For instance, clean energy, space exploration, and global inequality in the distribution of wealth are all extremely difficulty pending problems. As a result, students, who are responsible for the progress of mankind’s civilization, need to equip themselves with not only the skills but also the necessary attitude – a combination of courage, confidence, and problem-solving skills – at the initial stage of their life, namely education.

Second, while some might claim that students may get a bad grade from challenging courses, this is actually a highly cost-effective way of learning. Cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov’s yell on the flaws of the spaceship Soyuz I in the last several minutes of his life, before he was burned to ash, paved the way for the safest and most stable space launch platform in the rest of the 20th century until today. In the meantime, students learn from their mistakes in the least costly way as they will almost never lose their job, life, or even the status of a student from a failure in a course or exam. On the other hand, they can derive issues in their body of knowledge, problem-solving skills, and attitude from the bad results, and work on them. Even though some might claim that bad grades might negatively influence students’ future employment, this is actually easily offset by the experience students can share and utilize from the challenge.

A voice arises that one purpose of education is to help students build a sense of community and communication, and courses that are overly difficult could overwhelm students with academic materials, sacrificing other purposes of education. Ironically, such a claim is biased as a series of team-working elements have already been embedded into various stages of education – volunteering activities, sports, and team-working projects. Multiple courses in both high schools and colleges also require students to form groups to resolve real-life challenges, and students will be able to form a strong friendship that lasts for their life or even be able to identify potential partners for their future endeavor.

In conclusion, students should directly face the challenges they can take in school as this is a highly effective and cost-effective way of learning. While one sees a circle and another sees a zero, I believe my opponents will compromise after being shown to my article.