In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

Longevity has always been a desirable wish for all of us. It means an individual can stay alive for longer time and do more and learn more his life. Some people might hold the view that people are living much longer now, because this phenomenon can be so easily perceived. In my view, people do have a longer live for two important reasons.

The main reason is that we have much more kinds of food to eat. The various kinds of food provides us with much more kinds of abundant nutrients than ever before. We have easy access to all kinds of proteins, minerals and vitamins, which are all crucial to our health, thus eventually guarantee our longevity. For example, when I go to supermarket there are so many delicious food to eat. On the first floor, all kinds of green fresh vegetables are easily available, such as cucumbers and eggplants and so on. Not to mention all the colorful juicy fruits, like watermelons and bananas or grapes, which is my favorite because of the sweetness. On the second floor there are also different kinds of snacks, such as chocolate and candies. And also different kinds of meats in the refrigerators, such as pork and beef or fish. On the other hand, people in the past certainly didn't have such access to such many food. My mom told me that the first supermarket was open right after I was born. From this I learn that people have much more to eat right now.

Another reason is that the medicine and treatment have developed in leaps and bounds in recent years. Both of them are very vital for curing our bodies when we feel sick. Now the hospitals are better equipped with such new technology to save our life, which guarantees our longevity. For example, one day an old man living in my neighborhood had a heart attack needing emergency treatment. Their family called the hospital right away in frustration. After a few minutes the ambulance came with its horn blaring, professionals carried the old man to the ambulance and drove fast to the hospital. All it took was only a dozen of minutes. Later I heard that the old man was saved thanks to the doctors' dedication. It is obvious that this man could have died if he had lived 50 years ago when there were no so many professionals and fast vehicles. As you can see, the development of technology can save our lives.

In a nutshell, people are living longer not only because of the more kinds of food giving us more nutrients but also because of better medicine and treatment saving our lives. People should be really thankful about the development of our society.

No. of Words: 458 while No. of Different Words: 234

A lot of 'much more'