Imagine that a professor wants students to learn as much as possible about a subject in a short period of time Is it better for the professor to require students to work together in a group or is it better to require students to work alone Why Use specifi

Imagine that a professor wants students to learn as much as possible about a subject in a short period of time. Is it better for the professor to require students to work together in a group, or is it better to require students to work alone?
Why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Education is one of the founding blocks of a nation's prosperity. From my perspective, allowing students to work together in groups more can promote their academic development.

First, allowing students to work together in a group dissuades them from procrastinating. Most students know that if they finish their assignments and attend all the lectures and tutorials, they will perform satisfactorily on exams. But the fact that many students do not spend enough effort studying and would find it hard to resist the temptation to slack off troubles most students. And this is because studying can be tiresome, and it is hard for students to focus on it. Even worse, university courses are so intricate and technical that they can be hard to comprehend. Therefore, most students would experience fatigue or boredom while studying, which makes hanging out with friends or playing video games even more appealing. Spending time on these certainly will not help them with their studies. However, when students can work in a group, they will have other people to socialize with while studying, making the experience more engaging. Also, they will face some friendly peer pressure – since everyone else is working in the group, they might want to fit in by studying too. These benefits enable students to be more willing to do more coursework, ultimately improving their grades.

Second, working together enables students to help one another. Although no one can be good at everything, someone can be good at something. If a student is doing poorly at a particular subject at university, other students who are good at it might help this person out while working together in groups. For example, someone good at mathematics might want to offer help to fellow students to overcome their difficulties in mathematics. The incentives for doing so could be that this displays friendliness and can make him well-received among his peers. Moreover, professors might neglect students' perspectives because their familiarity with the teaching materials might cause them to overlook how some concepts or ideas can be challenging to students with little prior knowledge. As a result, they might explain ideas in ways that students cannot easily comprehend. But when students try to explain intricate concepts to one another, they are likely to share similar angles. Hence, making it more efficient for them to understand these ideas when having group discussions. And this eventually improves their grades at university.

To conclude, allowing students to work in groups encourages them to spend more effort studying and enables them to help each other academically.