It is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject.

We all know that knowledge is power. But, when it comes with the discussion of either people should have broad knowledge or specialize in one subject, the power of knowledge should be defined more specific. What can we benefit from gaining knowledge? Knowledge helps people solving problems, and having more opportunity in this competitive society. In this point of view, broaden knowledge is obviously useful then one subject specification.

To start with, broad knowledge enable you to think outside the frame. No matter you are a businessman, artist, or educator, it is easy to encounter the time that you struggle in complicate problems. Without different perspective, finding a solution can be a long way journey. For instance, during the time I was working on my essay of literature criticism, I stumbled on finding a specific term to describe the new phenomenon I found. It took me three weeks until I watched a movie which use a concept of math, the Panrose Stairs, in it. It is the right metaphor for my essay. After doing some back ground researches on the Panrose Stairs, my problem was perfectly solved.

Furthermore, living in this competitive generation, being versatile become basic. According to the job market, most of the resume are hardly full-read by employers. If you want to be outstanding, you need to show them your superpower. My brother is a mechanical engineer, he studies the effect of the design of cars. Several of his interviews did not go so well. However, when he showed the company not only his professional projects but also some daily sketching on trees, peoples and animals, he got the job.

In sum, the power of knowledge lean on the capacity of variety. Therefore, I believe it is better to have broad knowledge than of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject.

with the discussion of either people should have broad knowledge or specialize in one subject
with the discussion of weather people should have broad knowledge or specialize in one subject

useful then one subject specification.
useful than one subject specification.

broad knowledge enable you
broad knowledge enables you

a movie which use a concept of math
a movie which uses a concept of math

being versatile become basic
being versatile becomes basic

most of the resume are hardly full-read
most of the resumes are hardly full-read

the power of knowledge lean on the capacity of variety.
the power of knowledge leans on the capacity of variety.

it is better to have broad knowledge than of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject.
it is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject.