Negative effect of the Internet

Negative effect of the Internet

It is generally believed that the Internet has deeply filtrated into every piece of our daily life, included the communication, the education, the entertainment and other aspects of our life. However, when talking about the effect of the Internet, it seems that most people are too optimistic to let the Internet develop limitlessly. Given my perspective, the negative effect of the Internet should be paid more attention actually.

To begin with, we are suffering from the plethora of the uncensored and negative information on the Internet, which includes violence, pornography, superstition and so on. Such kind of information spread out rapidly and was easily accessible through various ways such as ads and articles. The fact is, for those people who have enough judgment to the information, the information mentioned above could not be a problem, but for those who have not enough judgment such as teenagers and kids, the bad information could lead to a terrible result. I still remember that `daily news has reported a controversial news in 2012: A 16 years-old boy, called Ma, killed 7 people in his community with some cruel approaches. Just because he has seen an article which topic was “100 ways to kill a man” on the Internet, and just wanted to “have a try”. This kind of thing occurs repeatedly, makes us think about the negative effect of the information from the Internet and the importance of the censorship of the Internet information.

Moreover, the Internet has partially replaced the interpersonal communication in the real social life, and makes people feel alienated in the real world. The advent of online social network such as Twitter and Facebook has changed our method about making friend. For example, we were used to acquaint some new friends by face-to-face talking and chatting, but now maybe what we need to do is just clicking the “follow” button and clicking the “like” button sporadically on the online social network. That makes people could only receive a comfort communication-zone on the Internet and feel nervous and anxious when they have some face-to-face communication. When I eat out will my friends, everyone just chat on his/her cellphone and maybe someone suddenly takes a photo and posts it on the Twitter, and then others give some “likes” to his/her photo, that all. Hence, the Internet plays a negative role in our communication, makes people only accustomed to the virtual world, not the real world.

Some health questions, in addition, should be ascribed to the Internet also. It is quite common that people seems not likely to go out in some cases. For instance, when people want to buy something, they just need to login his/her e-bay or amazon account, put the target in the shopping cart, pay for it and receive the package. All the procedure is performed indoor, and it will reduce people’s opportunity of going out and exercising. Same circumstances occur everywhere, and the lack of chance to go out caused by the Internet should be considered as an important source of many diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, overweight etc.

In general, though the Internet has facilitated our life significantly, the negative effect of the Internet should not be ignored also. Only with the correct and revised approaches, the Internet could be used as a powerful tool in our future life.

This kind of thing occurs repeatedly, makes us think about the negative effect of the information from the Internet
This kind of thing occurs repeatedly, and makes us think about the negative effect of the information from the Internet
This kind of thing occurs repeatedly, which makes us think about the negative effect of the information from the Internet

everyone just chat on his/her cellphone
everyone just chats on his/her cellphone

the Internet plays a negative role in our communication, makes people
the Internet plays a negative role in our communication, and makes people

people seems not likely to go out
people seem not likely to go out

Sentence: However, when talking about the effect of the Internet, it seems that most people are too optimistic to let the Internet develop limitlessly.
Error: limitlessly Suggestion: No alternate word

No. of Words: 558 350 //Write the essay in 30 minutes.