Essay topics: Nowadays people are more willing to help the people who they don't know (For example, giving food and clothes to the people who need them) than they were in the past.
In the past, people live differently from the way we life our one now. For instance, they were not in a rush all the time, so they care more about others. However, young people of today are completely careless about others around them for some reasons.
First, people are more narcissistic now than ever before. This means that they are just paying attention to what account in their life. Therefore, many individuals are not willing to help people they do not know, yet they are too busy being selfish. For example, I read an article a few days ago that today the citizens are buying clothes more frequently than in the past. Moreover, teenagers are worried to take beautiful pictures, and thus going to the gym. After a survey was made, in which they ask if they have helped a stranger recently, the results confirmed that any of them has helped even one. However, the article reported all of the people asked were going to the gym. Analyzing the results enables us to see that it is more important to build up muscle than help an unknown person. Consequently, as we see, in the present people are not willing to help strangers.
Moreover, although individuals want to aid others, they are scared for security reasons. On one hand, insurance companies tend to sue persons for almost everything. For example, if a person has an emergency and requires immediate assistance, companies recommend that the injured person cannot be touched until 911 has arrived. This can be the difference between being alive or death just for one minute, and this person takes the right decision. With this in mind, my father, who is a Vet in Venezuela, saved a person life. He saw how a car ran over a guy, so he ran right away to see what he could do. As a result, he used his knowledge of medicine to save this guy’s life when he made a tourniquet on the man's leg. Thus, this decision saved the man's life. However, in the USA, the police say not to touch a person when having an emergency. Although people have the best intentions, they will not be able to do.
To sum up, people in the past were more willing to support others in any situation. For all my reasons above exposed, today, many individuals are not willing to help others. In addition, the insurance policies difficult more this process, so persons are afraid to aid others.
- Agree/ disagree. the automobile is destroying our quality of life. (95)
- A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discovered in Liaoning, China, in 1996. Interestingly, the fossil included a pattern of fine lines surrounding the skeletal bones. Some paleontologists interpret the li (90)
- Students learn more in large lectures classes than in small discussion classes. Agree/disagree (80)
- In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details. (33.3333)
- Reading： Private collectors have been selling and buying fossils, the petrified remains of ancient organisms, ever since the eighteenth century. In recent years, however, the sale of fossils, particularly of dinosaurs and other large vertebrates, has gr (80)
- Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine, wh (90)
- Chaco houses (65)
- dinosaurs endotherm (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose.Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer. (95)
- Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or the people in your country? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice. (90)