People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There is a plethora of reasons which motivate people to pursue higher education. Although it is literally impossible to describe all variety of the reasons, as far as I am concerned, some of them are more important than others. They will be discussed in details below.

To begin with, I strongly believe that majority of students decide to pursue a degree because they hope that this step will positively impact on level of their income. In fact, statistics demonstrate that than higher level of education than bigger salary. To see the difference we can take a look at similar professional positions which are taken by people with distinct education. For instance, a university teacher who has a master degree will definitely have smaller salary than a person who acquired a PhD. In other words, a desire to make more money may pave the path to university or college.

However it is mistaken to aver that desire of money is only motive, some students decide to enroll at college or university because of other reasons such as desire to follow their dream. Some of us have a strong inclination to one field or a profession. This bent motivates them to pursue specialization which they like. For instance, my brother in law who has become recently a surgeon knows from the kindergarten that he is going to be a doctor. In fact, I saw his reading a anatomy atlas at age of ten. From his viewpoint there is no alternative for him.

Finally, sometimes students decide to continue studying because they are forced by parents to do so. Unfortunately, this is not a rare practice and perhaps, each of us has an unhappy friend who was forced by relatives to enroll at a certain specialization. For instance, one friend of mine has recently finished a university. His profession is an engineer as well as his father and grandfather. Although he has acquired a degree with a decent average, he does not want to connect the future with this field.

In conclusion, there is a myriad of reasons to study at college or university. Perhaps, the major ones are a desire to increase one's income or pursuing one's dreams. These reasons usually lead to a positive outcome for a person, unfortunately, occasionally, future students may be forced to enroll at tertiary institution by parents or relatives. Although this is a widespread reason, it usually leads to a negative aftermaths.

impact on level of their income.
impact on the level of their income.

statistics demonstrate that than higher level of education than bigger salary.

is only motive,
is the only motive,

----------------------