Essay topics: a person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think that person would like and dislike about living in your town or city?
I live in an industrial, beautiful big city with warm and hospitable people. Living in this city has both advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I believe its benefits are outweighed by its drawbacks. While, my friend, Maryam, may be in dilemma about living in my city. In what follows I will state some good and bad points of the city.
The city which I live in, is an industrial city with a large number of various factories located in the city. Due to this fact, finding job is not a matter in our city and every one can easily find a decent job related to their educations and their skills. So it is a big advantage that my friend should considered to make her decision. On the other hand, most of the factories operations are based on petroleum which is resulted air pollution and led to dusty clouds surround the city most of the time. And also increase respiratory disease and make breathing hard for people. Therefore, it can make my friend reluctant to choose the city to live in.
Additionally the city has many fancy restaurants and huge shopping malls and also it has many nice and beautiful places for people to spend their recreation times. For examples, there are many beautiful parks and a large number of excellent and authoritative museums in the city, and also they are easy access since public transportation are available in all part of the city to reach to these places. While, the bad point is that most of the resorts are extremely crowded especially on holidays. I know my friend really interested in visiting the museums and the parks but as she is an introverted person she doesn't like busy and crowded places. So it can be hard for her to opt these places for spending her leisure times.
Finally, the native people in the city are really warm and hospitable and also they are willing to lend a hand to you in crisis, particularly if they realize that you are a stranger in the city. And also they are happy people and always celebrate various festivals each month. So, personally, it is a big point to choose this city to live with such a kind and lively residents it has.
To make a long story short, the city which I live in, has many advantages for my friend, she can easily occupy in her favorite job, and also there are many beautiful places that she can spend her spare times in. While, as I mentioned, there are some drawbacks that may hesitated her over whether to live in this city or not.
- TPO 45 (3)
- tpo45-Q1 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents do not understand their children as much as well as did 50 years ago. (rewrite) (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents do not understand their children as much as well as did 50 years ago. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country. (63)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In 20 years from now on, students will not use printed books any more. (71)
- tpo42 (66)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The purpose of television is to educate, not to entertain. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should assign homework for students every dayBut the big argument among teachers is that how much homework is enough for students? do they do assignment every day? (73)
- tpo40-Q1-rewrite (80)