Question: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer

Most of us know that “you are what you eat” it is also true that “you are what you wear”. Clothes do influence how others perceive us. Personally, I do agree that people behave differently when they wear different clothes.

First of all, in a modern society we are obligated to wear different type of clothes according to the places we are visiting. For instance, in my last job interview I tried to dress for success. I choose a long skirt and a high button shirt to convey a massage that I am professional. Everyone on the room were dressing in skirt and suits, its like it’s the norm to dress formal in an interview. Such a type of cloth effect how people talk in a low tone, try to be more polite, and act formally. So, clothes can affect how people react in public.

Second, people dress comfortable so they could be comfy. For example, when I take my daughter to the park, I try to wear a yoga pants, shirt and sneakers. It gives me the feeling of comfy so we can both have a nice time. However some people might argue that clothes should not control how we feel, I think when you wear a dress you cannot play and chase your daughter at the park. Dressing appropriate clothes could deliver a massage that you are an organized person.

Third, dressing in a special uniform could sometimes earn you people respect. In addition of getting you way in a long line of people waiting in turn. For example, in a corrupted country like Iraq, I remember when I was at the passport agency to get my passport. It was such a hot day in August, the line was too long, suddenly some officer show up wearing his uniform, next thing was he simply cross the line get his paper done in no time and he left. No one said a word. When you wear a uniform it do effect how both you and other people react.

In conclusion clothes do effect how people behave. Try wearing a fancy Christian Dior dress in a party instead of a jeans and shirt?

Such a type of cloth effect how people talk
Such a type of cloth affects how people talk

he simply cross the line get his paper done
he simply crossed the line and got his paper done

it do effect
it does affect

clothes do effect how people behave
clothes do affect how people behave