Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why?

Nowadays smart phones -cell phones with Internet access- are a vital electronic device for adults, many cannot live without them because they are addicted to the virtual interactions with others. But is it a good idea for young children to possess one? Some parents prohibit their children from having a smart phone while others argue that it is helpful to keep in touch. Personally, I think it is better that young children do not own a smart phone since it can lead to many problems because of the Internet connection.

To begin with, we can say that smart phones are equivalent to social media - facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.- which does not guarantee 100% the privacy of their users. Any stranger can contact the users. There have been cases in which young children through some of the social media sites became victims of child molesters, who taking advantage of their innocence enticed them to meet offline and then committed the crime. Therefore, smart phones compromise the safety of young children.

Furthermore, cyberbullying is another serious problem related with these devices amongst young children. Since it is a lot easier to send abominable messages than saying in real, face to face to the person, many children abuse others via whatsapp, so to speak. The victims in this instance may commit suicides just as in general bullying cases. Hence, parents should always keep an eye on their children's phones content.

Although having a smart phone can help parents to keep in touch with their children, there are better alternatives such as a nanny or a normal cell phone without Internet access if parents can not always be with them. Unlike smart phones, nannies can provide feedbacks about children's behavior and contribute to their education instead of bringing danger to their lives.

In short, because of the dangers involved in young children owning smart phones, it is better to ban the use among them rather than encourage it as a useful tool.

who taking advantage of their innocence
who are taking advantage of their innocence

Sentence: Hence, parents should always keep an eye on their children's phones content.
Suggestion: Refer to phones and content