Traditions are defined as customary or established ways of doing things in a family community or culture Some people believe that it is important to follow traditions even when those traditions conflict with or are quite different from their own individua

Traditions are defined as customary or established ways of
doing things in a family, community, or culture. Some people
believe that it is important to follow traditions even when those
traditions conflict with or are quite different from their own
individual preferences. Other people believe that individual
preferences are more important than traditions. Which view do
you agree with, and why?

Traditions and rituals are practices and beliefs which are handed down from generation to
generation. Research shows that traditions part of healthy families. In my opinion, I agree
with the statement says it is important to follow traditions; I have two reasons, which I will
.explore in the following essay
First, traditions can create positive memories. Memories can last a lifetime and the
moments we look back and smile. Some of mine go back 15 to 20 years to when I was a
young child. I remember that at Yalda night – Iranians celebrate 21th Dec night as the
longest night in the year- my grandmother invited us and cooked delicious food for us. That
night we played some games, and my grandfather read a poem from Hafez. When I look at
those days, I laugh unconsciously. If we did not have that nights, now I do not have these
.memories
Second, traditions help create a sense of identity. Sense of identity can be precious as
children get older; the lack of identity can sometimes lead children down a path. Traditions
show the children they are not alone; they are part of something. When the children know
that they belong to something, that is affecting their confidence. As a result, when the
.family spends time together, they message children that they are valuable
When I celebrate Nowruz-the Persian new year, which begins in the spring- I realize that I
am part of something bigger. However, it has an excellent feeling to belong to something,
.even if it is just the family
In conclusion, it cannot ignore how traditions affect our lives, such as making good
memories and creating a sense of identity. Consequently, I agree that we should follow
.traditions even if it is different from our beliefs and our own opinion